Mouneer El Shaarani
- Born on the 6th of September 1952, Syria.
- Student of the Syrian master calligrapher, Badawi Al Dirany.
- Graduated 1977, Faculty of Fine Arts. Damascus University.
- Worked as a calligrapher since 1967, then as a Designer of books and various printed matters as well as a designer of typefaces characters.
- Designed more than 2000 covers and tens of logos.
- Published educational booklets of six kinds of Arabic calligraphy, Dar Aleef- Tunis.
- Wrote several articles in Arabic Calligraphy, critique and Arabic Islamic art.
- Contributed as an artistic consultant to the work of the International Arab Encyclopedia and edited the entries of Arabic Calligraphy and its biographical names.
- 1988: A book about his works, with a study edited by the artist Youssef Abdelke, was published in Arabic and French. Dar Aleef - Tunis.
- 1992: A book about his works, with an analytical study by Ali Al Lwati, was published in Arabic and French. Dar Al Fonoun - Tunis
- 1996: A picture book of his works, with two reviews by Y.Abdelke and Hussein Bikar, was published. Cairo
- 2004: A picture book of his works with a study by Y.Abdelke.
- 1977: Posters exhibition (the repression and the military despotism in the world) - many cities in Syria.
- Participated in many group exhibitions, regional and international forums and conferences about Arabic Calligraphy and the Arabic typefaces characters.
- He was honored in many Arabic art's societies. Does not participate in contests. Gained the Modernization Award in the first Arabic Calligraphy Biennial – al Sharija.
- Jury member of the Arabic Calligraphy Biennial – al Sharija. 2016.
- Museums and private collections of his works: Syria , Tunis , Jordan , Lebanon , Egypt , Algeria , Morocco , Bahrain , U.A.E , Sudan , Oman , Qatar , Iraq , Kuwait , Saudi Arabia , Switzerland , France , Germany , Belgium, Italy, Netherlands, Yugoslavia, Malaysia, Spain, India, Russia, Canada, USA & the UK.
- 1987, Cairo atelier, Egypt...
- 1988, Aleef hall, Tunis.
- 1990, Cairo Atelier.
- 1992, Cairo Atelier
- French Cultural Center. Heliopolis, Cairo.
- Dar Al Fonoun, Tunis.
- 1993, Cairo Atelier.
- 1994, cultural house, Abu Dhabi.
- 1994-1995, Mobile exhibition in cooperation with international Red Cross, Morocco,
- 1995, Al Saiyd Gallery, Damascus.
- 1996, Rewaq Belal, Tunis.
- 1997, Thervantes center, Cairo.
- 1998, Cairo- Berlin Gallery, Cairo.
- Reitberq Museum, Zurich, Switzerland
- Shawqi Museum, Cairo.
- 1999, Cairo Atelier.
- Honorary exhibition (Opera house) Cairo.
- Dar Albareh Gallery, Bahrain.
- A Stand in 7 Hills exhibition (Dream Hill), Berlin, Germany.
- 2001, a Stand in the Audiovisual Exhibition, Sharjah Art Museum, UAE.
- Ishtar Gallery, Damascus, Syria.
- 2002, Green Art Gallery, Dubai.
- Al Sham Gallery, Aleppo, Syria.
- Al Rouaq Al Baladi - Sefax, Tunis.
- Monza House- Mascat, Oman.
- Al Jezirah Art Center, Cairo.
- 2003-2005," Mobile Exhibition" ongoing, USA.
- 2004, Green Art Gallery, Dubai.
- 2005, St. Johns college, Oxford, UK.
- Attassy Gallery, Damascus, Syria.
- 2006, Al Jezirah Art center, Cairo.
- International center for poetry, Marseille, France .
- Participation in "Word into Art", the British museum, London.
- Art Space gallery, Dubai.
- 2007 Dar Al Anda, Amman, Jordan.
- 2008 Ayyam Gallery - Damascus - Syria.
- 2009 Art Gallery - Forth - Germany. (Shared exhibition).
- Ayyam Gallery - Damascus - Syria. (Shared exhibition)
- 2010 Rafia Gallery - Damascus - Syria. (Shared exhibition)
- 1985- 2010 Participations in Arabic and International exhibitions.
- 2011 Al Shaab Gallery - Homs - Syria.
- Freedom and innovation. Arab contemporary calligraphy- Casa Arabe -Madrid - Spain. (Shared exhibition)
- Freedom and innovation. Arab contemporary calligraphy -Casa Arabe - Cordoba - Spain. (Shared exhibition)
- 2013 Art on 56th Gallery - Beirut – Lebanon.
- Art Space Gallery - Dubai – UAE
- 2014 Art on 56th Gallery - Beirut - lebanon
- 2015 Art Space Gallery - Dubai – UAE
- 2016 Mils Gallery - Australia
Mouneer Al Shaarani @ europia.2016