CAC.7: Computer & Media Art at the Age of Metaverse and NFT
There are three main categories for participating in the 7th Computer Art Congress: long papers, short papers, artworks
Long papers will serve as primary material for general discussion during the congress conference sessions. These papers are expected to bring new perspectives on the field, to propose new practical approaches, and to provide the participants with new tools, methodologies, strategies, or models.
The length of these papers should be up to 7,000 words (spaces not included).
The short papers are meant to bring to the audience additional material for the general discussion of the session.
These papers offer alternative views on the topic, present future or ongoing projects or experiences.
The length of these papers should be up to 3,500 words (spaces not included).
Artworks will be exhibited on the site of the congress. Artworks should reflect or address in some ways one of the topics of CAC.7.
Artists are responsible for providing the equipment necessary for the installation of the work.
Various formats are accepted including audiovisual installations, video projections, mobile applications
Submission process for full and short papers
First phase: from now to May 25th, 2022
Contributors submit an abstract no longer than 500 words without spaces to be reviewed by the steering committee.
The proposal may include at one supporting media if it applies (image, video, audio, program, etc.).
Notification of acceptance: June 25th, 2022 .
If you are submitting a short or full paper, please upload a PDF or DOC file with the following information:
- Representative image (if applies)
Upon acceptance, contributors write the conference paper that will be published in the book in proceedings (to be published by Europia).
Full papers: up to 7000 words (spaces not included)
Short papers: up to 3,500 words (spaces not included)
Steps of the second phase:
- Contributors write the conference paper
- Contributors prepare hi-resolution images (150 ppi. Minimal width 1000 pixels)
- Contributors complete the grant permission to use materials in CAC6
- Contributors submit the paper and grant permissions for publication through https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cac6
- Formatting guidelines can be downloaded here in DOC format
- Submission deadline: July 29th, 2022
Accepted papers may be selected for their publication in a special issue of the International Journal of Design Sciences and Technology.
Submission process for artworks
The submission for artworks is open and will close on May 25th, 2022
If you are submitting an artwork, please upload a PDF or DOC file with the following information:
- Artworks description: up to 1000 words (spaces not included)
- Artist statement: describe how the work address or reflect on one of the topics of congress up to 1000 words (spaces not included)
- Software / language or environment used during production
- Hardware used during production
- Other materials used during production
- Necessary surface and volume for the display of the work
- Representative image or URL page
Please note: for proposals for short and full papers, do not include your name or affiliation in the PDF / DOC submission file at this phase (the selection of contributions follows a double-blind process).
All submitted papers will be reviewed using a double blind refereeing process.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for all questions related to the submission process: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important dates: deadlines
- Proposals for a long or short papers: May 25th, 2022
- Final Notification of selection for proposals: June 25th, 2022
- Submission deadline for final long and short papers: July 29th, 2022
- Submission deadline for proposals of artworks: May 25th, 2022
- Final Notification of selection of artworks: June 25th, 2022